Children’s Sunday school at St Michael’s -360 and St Michael’s -South
Bible stories, with their drama and excitement, their miracles and battles, their messages of love, faithfulness, hope, and joy all show children the wonder of the presence of God. At St Michael’s we guide children on their faith journey by offering an environment that encourages them to be open, honest and genuinely enquiring. At StM- 360 children are in Sunday school at the beginning of the 9 and 11am services and are brought back to join everyone in worship in time for the Eucharist. Children’s programs are provided from 10:10 to 10:50, for those whose parents are in adult education, and nursery for children 3 and under runs from 8:45am to 12:30pm. At our new south location children’s Sunday school takes place after the 9am service, from 10:15 – 11am; nursery for children 4 and under is available throughout the morning from 8:15 to 12 noon
March 01 2015
At StM-360 our K-5th grade children use a workshop rotation curriculum which incorporates drama, games, art, and food to help them learn, understand and remember the bible stories. This is the last week for the story of Jesus healing the ten lepers Luke 17: 11-19.
At StM – South ‘Living the Good News’ encourages the children in the Sunday school class to listen, discuss, and think about the scriptures of the day while having fun with crafts, music and games.
Ledges is a program for all 3rd – 5th graders that meets at St Michael’s -360 every first and third Wednesday of the month, from 5-7pm. It mirrors a traditional youth group -during the evening the children will have dinner together, play games, get to know one another more, and have an age appropriate bible study. More details
School year Sunday morning Christian Education programs
St. Michael’s Nursery at our 360 location
We offer a quality nursery program for infants through 3 yr. olds from 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Sunday. It is staffed by four experienced nannies who have been through the Episcopal Church’s “Safeguarding God’s Children” training. We have two rooms in our nursery, one for infants – 24 months and one for two year olds. The two year old room has a morning schedule that includes a Bible story, outside play, indoor play, art time, snack time and more! When children turn three and are potty trained, they move into the 3 & 4 year old Sunday school class.
Sunday School for Children and Youth
Programs at: 9:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
Sunday School Overview
Children and youth attend class at the beginning of the services and join worship in progress (at the Peace). During their class, they hear lessons and respond to them on their developmental level while the adults are hearing the lessons of the day and a sermon (a response to the lessons). Then we all experience the liturgy of the table and Eucharist together. Children are welcome to attend the whole worship service if they prefer not to attend Sunday school.
*No Sunday School classes are provided Easter morning or the first Sunday after Christmas
Curriculum Descriptions & Class Locations:
- 3 – 4 year olds (Room #2)
Let the Children Come - Children hear a story and participate with craft stick figures created for each story. Class begins with free play time, followed by “The Lords Prayer” which opens circle time. Next, the story is presented and is followed by craft time at the table.
- Kindergarteners to Fifth Graders (check bulletin board inside education wing entrance for weekly room location) Workshop Rotation – Grass roots curriculum, ideas shared online (rotation.org). The story is told three weeks in a row, but in a different workshop for each grade level (ours include cooking something that ties with the story in Garden of Eatin’, acting out the story or using the puppet theatre in Parable Productions and creating an art project in How Great Thou Art). [Multi-intelligence based and the most exciting curriculum we have seen in years.]
- Sixth to Twelfth Graders (Rooms #6 and #8)
Living the Good News – Lectionary based curriculum written by the Episcopal Diocese of Colorado Christian Education Department. There is a weekly focus which reflects the theme of the scriptures for that Sunday. Class time includes opening activities, scripture readings, discussions and “going deeper” experiences. Taught by our Youth Minister and experienced adult mentors.
10:10 to 10:50 Sunday Morning Programs
During the adult classe sat 10:10 a.m., these programs are offered for children of all ages:
- Infants through 5 year olds: VIP: Very Important Pre-schoolers (Nurseries A & B) – Free play and snack with nannies in our nurseries.
- Kindergarten to Fifth Graders: Kid’s Intermission (Room #4) – games and crafts, time to develop friendships and interact in a fun environment.
- Sixth to Twelfth Graders: Breakfast Club (Room #8) – A time to socialize and enjoy light snacks with our youth minister, Mary Conkling.
Vacation Bible Camp
Workshop of Wonders was a wonderful week of fun. Save the date for our 2015 VBC June 8-12 -more details to follow
For information about VBC or any of our programs for children and youth contact Lesley Margerrison Children’s Christian Education Minister.