Bible stories, with their drama and excitement, their miracles and battles, their messages of love, faithfulness, hope, and joy all show children the wonder of the presence of God. At St Michael’s we guide children on their faith journey by offering environments that encourage them to be open, honest and genuinely enquiring.
At StM-360 Sunday school classes are offered at both the 9 and 11am services (children join their parents in time for Eucharist)
- 3-4 year olds: living the Good news with stories and crafts.
- K-5th grade: Workshop Rotation with bible stories told around different themes involving crafts, food, and drama (children join their parents in time for Eucharist)
Our infant and toddler nurseries are open 8:45am – 12:30pm for those younger than 3 and include Bible play and fun
Kids Intermission is offered from 10-11pm for children whose parents are in adult education
For details of our StM-South Sunday school see our South Altar children’s page
This week: April 26
In Sunday school the children continue to learn about making time for God with the story of Mary and Martha: ‘the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part’, Luke 10:41
Vacation Bible Camp June 8-12, 1-4pm
G – Force: God’s Love in Action!
‘In God we live, move, and exist’ Acts 17:28
for more information go to our VBC page
Ledges is a program for all 3rd – 5th graders that meets at St Michael’s -360 every first and third Wednesday of the month, from 5-7pm. It mirrors a traditional youth group -during the evening the children will have dinner together, play games, get to know one another more, and have an age appropriate bible study. More details
Sunday School Overview
Children and youth attend class at the beginning of the services and join worship in progress (at the Peace). During their class, they hear lessons and respond to them on their developmental level while the adults are hearing the lessons of the day and a sermon (a response to the lessons). Then we all experience the liturgy of the table and Eucharist together. Children are welcome to attend the whole worship service if they prefer not to attend Sunday school.
*No Sunday School classes are provided Easter morning or the first Sunday after Christmas
Curriculum Descriptions & Class Locations:
- 3 – 4 year olds (Room #2)
Let the Children Come - Children hear a story and participate with craft stick figures created for each story. Class begins with free play time, followed by “The Lords Prayer” which opens circle time. Next, the story is presented and is followed by craft time at the table.
- Kindergarteners to Fifth Graders (check bulletin board inside education wing entrance for weekly room location) Workshop Rotation – Grass roots curriculum, ideas shared online (rotation.org). The story is told three weeks in a row, but in a different workshop for each grade level (ours include cooking something that ties with the story in Garden of Eatin’, acting out the story or using the puppet theatre in Parable Productions and creating an art project in How Great Thou Art). [Multi-intelligence based and the most exciting curriculum we have seen in years.]
- Sixth to Twelfth Graders (Rooms #6 and #8)
Living the Good News – Lectionary based curriculum written by the Episcopal Diocese of Colorado Christian Education Department. There is a weekly focus which reflects the theme of the scriptures for that Sunday. Class time includes opening activities, scripture readings, discussions and “going deeper” experiences. Taught by our Youth Minister and experienced adult mentors.
10:10 to 10:50 Sunday Morning Programs
During the adult classe sat 10:10 a.m., these programs are offered for children of all ages:
- Infants through 5 year olds: VIP: Very Important Pre-schoolers (Nurseries A & B) – Free play and snack with nannies in our nurseries.
- Kindergarten to Fifth Graders: Kid’s Intermission (Room #4) – games and crafts, time to develop friendships and interact in a fun environment.
- Sixth to Twelfth Graders: Breakfast Club (Room #8) – A time to socialize and enjoy light snacks with our youth minister, Mary Conkling.