There are seven basics of discipleship growing out of our baptismal covenant. One should always begin with the grace of God. However, while grace is free, it is not cheap. There is a cost and discipline related to discipleship.
We, as disciples of Jesus Christ at St. Michael’s shall, with God’s help:
- Pray daily,
- Read scripture daily,
- Worship at church weekly,
- Give sacrificially for the work of the Kingdom of God,
- Engage in at least one ministry that demands our best for the Kingdom of God,
- Observe each week a time of holy rest (Sabbath) that breaks our busyness, and
- Invite others to come with us as we walk the path of discipleship.