Summer Program: May 29 to August 21
Our children’s Sunday school program runs all though the summer at both the 9 and 11am services. There are 2 classes; one for 3-5 year olds and one combined class for our K through 5th grade children. They will have fun with bible stories, games, crafts, snacks and all manner of things! Regular classes will resume on August 28
Bible stories with all their drama and excitement, miracles and battles, messages of love, faithfulness, hope, and joy are full of the wonder of God. In Sunday school we share these stories and guide children on their faith journeys in ways that encourage them to be open, honest and genuinely enquiring.
Classes for three-year-old through 5th grade take place each week during the first part of both the 9:00 am and 11:00 am services and then they return to their families in time for Eucharist.
Ledges: youth group for 3rd to 5th graders.
Upcoming: Vacation Bible Camp
Sunday School Overview
Children and youth attend class at the beginning of the services and join worship in progress (at the Peace). During their class, they hear lessons and respond to them on their developmental level while the adults are hearing the lessons of the day and a sermon (a response to the lessons). Then we all experience the liturgy of the table and Eucharist together. Children are welcome to attend the whole worship service if they prefer not to attend Sunday school.
Curriculum Descriptions & Class Locations:
- 3 – 4 year olds (Room #2)
Godly play stories Children hear a story and participate in a craft activity created for each story.
- Kindergarteners to Fifth Graders (check bulletin board inside education wing entrance for weekly room location). Workshop Rotation – Grass roots curriculum, ideas shared online (rotation.org). The story is told three weeks in a row, but in a different workshop for each grade level (ours include cooking something that ties with the story in Garden of Eatin’, acting out the story or using the puppet theatre in Parable Productions and creating an art project in How Great Thou Art). [Multi-intelligence based and the most exciting curriculum we have seen in years.]
- Sixth to Twelfth Graders (Rooms #6 and #8)
Living the Good News – Lectionary based curriculum written by the Episcopal Diocese of Colorado Christian Education Department. There is a weekly focus which reflects the theme of the scriptures for that Sunday. Class time includes opening activities, scripture readings, discussions and “going deeper” experiences. Taught by our Youth Minister and experienced adult mentors.
10:10 to 10:50 Sunday Morning Programs
During the adult classe sat 10:10 a.m., these programs are offered for children of all ages:
- Infants through 5 year olds: VIP: Very Important Pre-schoolers (Nurseries A & B) – Free play and snack with nannies in our nurseries.
- Kindergarten to Fifth Graders: Kid’s Intermission (Room #6) – games and crafts, time to develop friendships and interact in a fun environment.
- Sixth to Twelfth Graders: Breakfast Club (Room #8) – A time to socialize and enjoy light snacks with our youth minister, Anthony Orona.