This form is for the nomination of an active member of our church to be considered for appointment to the Search Committee for our new rector.
Before completing this form, read the description (provided below) of the ideal Search Committee member and the Vision Document of our church. Then based on the description and the vision, mission and values defined in our church’s Vision Document, prayerfully reflect on who in our congregation might be best suited to be considered.
It is important to nominate persons who can faithfully represent our congregation, who are respected for their individual ministry, and who are committed to our church.
Be sure to gain their permission before submitting this nomination.
Search Committee Member Ministry Description
- Member in good standing who is faithful in regular attendance at worship
- Has served in leadership capacities in various ministries at the church
- Has financially pledged or given regularly to the mission of the church
- Can collaborate with others in decision making and be part of consensus decision making
- Has demonstrated mature commitment to the vision, mission, and values of the church
- Is a person of prayer and faithful living
- Has demonstrated the wisdom and capacity to hold in confidence sensitive information
- The Interim Rector or other clergy
- A member of the staff or related to any parish staff
- Related to anyone on the vestry
- The partner or spouse of any member of the clergy in the Diocese
- Can commit to attendance at frequent meetings for a period of 6-12 months
- Can travel on weekends during this period to prospective candidate’s churches
- Willing to perform tasks as determined by the committee including some written work
- Will commit to the work of this group and be accountable for assigned responsibilities
Please fill out the form below to nominate an active member of our church to be considered for appointment to the Search Committee for our new rector.
Update: May 25, 2017 from Margo Russell, Senior Warden.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey. We got a great response from the congregation. This survey was designed and interpreted by a company that specifically works with churches. It has given us some feedback on the congregational outlook in our time of transition and what characteristics a new rector will need to take us there. The Vestry just received the survey reports and interpretation. We want to review the information and data thoroughly. Our next step is to share the results at congregational meetings in June. These meetings will be an opportunity to listen, be heard and have your questions answered about the information we received.
The Vestry is now accepting nominations for those interested in serving on the Search Committee for our new rector. You can nominate yourself or someone else (with their consent). The Vestry will select a small committee from the nominations received. Nomination forms and additional information are now on the website. Nominees should be active and confirmed members that are recognized as leaders in the church. Nominees must be able to keep information confidential, work well with others, attend frequent meetings and travel on weekends. The active search may take 6 to 9 month. The Committee will be responsible for interviewing candidates presented by the Bishop based on the characteristics outlined by the congregation. Committee members will represent the church and work together until they can recommend a candidate to the Vestry. If you have any questions, please contact Margo Russell (email@example.com) or any member of the Vestry.
St. Michael’s Profile is coming soon! A diligent group of parishioners is working hard on our Profile with information about St. Michael’s for anyone potentially interested in our church and the rector position. We expect that the Profile will be posted in July.