According to the Book of Common Prayer, the Sacrament of Holy Baptism is most appropriately celebrated on the following feasts of the church’s year. On these feast days, baptism may be celebrated at any of our scheduled Sunday services — plus the Easter Eve service.
Upcoming baptism dates at St. Michaels
- The Feast of the Baptism of our Lord Jesus Christ (January 10, 2016)
- The Great Vigil of Easter (March 26, 2016, in the evening)
- The Feast of Pentecost (May 15, 2016)
- The Feast of St. Michael (September 25, 2016)
- All Saints’ Sunday (November 6, 2016)
Preparation for Holy Baptism: If you, or someone in your family, has never been baptized, please contact one of our clergy. Sign up is required two weeks prior to the Sunday of the Baptism. There is a baptism preparation class which is required for adult candidates and one or both parents and godparents. This class is taught by the Rev. Robby Vickery or the Rev. Brin Bon and is usually held on the Monday before the baptism, 7-9 PM.